The Beginning

Columbia Edgewater was established in 1924 as Columbia Country Club. Arthur Vernon ("A.V.") Macan was selected to design the course, which opened on July 11, 1925 and was the seventh 18 hole course in Portland. Macan was the premiere designer of the time in the Northwest, renovating or designing over 60 courses in his lifetime. Other courses designed by Macan include Seattle Golf Club, Inglewood Golf Club, Overlake Golf and Country Club and Marine Drive Golf Club.

The original clubhouse officially opened in June 1926 on the banks of the Columbia River. This clubhouse burned to the ground in a Christmas tree fire in 1979. The present day clubhouse was built in 1980, and opened its doors in July, 1981.

Championships & Events

Throughout the decades, Columbia Edgewater has attracted and developed many quality players who compiled impressive golfing records in local, regional and national tournaments.

Columbia Edgewater has also played host to many great Pacific Northwest golf events, including:

The Oregon Open: 1929, 1930

The Portland Open, a PGA Tour Event: 1961-1963, 1966

The Oregon Amateur: 1928, 1938, 1952, 1961, 1973, 1984, 1997, 2007

The Northwest Open: 1963, 1970

The LPGA Safeway Classic: 1974-2008‚Äč

The LPGA Portland Classic presented by Cambia: 2013-2019

US Open Sectional Qualifier: 2010